During a talk at Startup Istanbul Professor Dr Erhan Erkut gave great advice to students and recent graduates. He set context about how Turkey’s entrepreneurship ecosystem is currently weak but is a great place for business and made a comparison to the “startup nation” Israel.
Here are his points on why you should you seriously consider entrepreneurship:
- Istanbul is destined to become an economic hub in the region
- It’s in your DNA “all human beings are entrepreneurs” (M. Yunus)
- Change the world: Entrepreneurship is not about money it’s about doing something that has meaning
- It’s okay to copy, adapt a solution a new environment
- Autonomy matters, “we are born to be players not pawns” (D. Pink)